Assistant Head Teacher
Due to promotion to deputy headship, Ambleside Primary School is looking to appoint an ambitious, inspirational and talented leader to become an assistant head teacher at our school. This is a key leadership position that will play a significant part in helping the school on its journey to leave special measures. The role is non-class based.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an experienced school leader and teacher with a proven track record raising standards, engaging all pupils in their learning.
- has the ability to contribute to developing all teaching to ensure that it is appropriately pitched as a result of accurate assessment.
- can work effectively within the leadership team and beyond to act strategically on the priorities identified through self-evaluation to make an impact on progress.
- is an experienced, innovative and inspirational leader who demonstrates enthusiasm and has a record as an effective team player.
- can deal effectively with pupils and parents who have an issue and resolve any conflict fairly.
As a school we can offer you:
- the support to develop as a Senior Leader in a large three form entry school.
- a committed SLT, staff and Governing Body a caring and supportive team
- amazing children who deserve the very best
- high standards of pupil discipline and behaviour
- a well-resourced and pleasant working environment
Ambleside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
As part of the business plan to recruit the best staff to our school, governors currently pay the Car Parking Levy contribution on behalf of its staff.
Further information and an application form are available on request from the school.
Visits to the school are very welcomed and are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school main office to make an appointment
|Closing date for applications||Noon, 14th June 2017|
|Shortlisting||Tuesday, 20th June 2017|
|Interviews||Tuesday, 27th June 2017|